Friday 20 March 2015

Custom orders are so much fun.

Ive just finished this sweet custom order pendant for a lovely return customer out of some of her old broken pieces of jewellery.

I received a parcel with these damaged and pair-less earrings and an old favourite ring who's band had long since split and had laid in the bottom of the jewellery box for years.......

She'd seen my 'lucky lump' pendants and thought she might like something like that, but with the added bonus of setting the garnet from the ring into the piece.

Yay! Fun!
I really love doing this kind of thing!
I love that something old and worn out and broken can become something new and coveted again.

The broken and old bits.

After carefully removing the garnet, I smelted all the silver in the crucible
and was left with this lovely blob.
I cleaned up the blob 
Cleaned up and link soldered on.
Drilled out ready for the stone to be set.
Ready and set!


Isn't she gorgeous?

I love that the history of the silver and the gems remains present in its new form.

If you have any old bits and pieces, be it silver or gold and you'd like them made in to something new, please get in touch!


No comments:

Post a Comment